Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Valley!

I used to become completely annoyed when people called Utah County, Happy Valley. I used to think, "what the heck?" Well this last week I had the unique privlege and very rare opportunity of driving into Salt Lake City by myself during rush hour and finding a place to park right in downtown. Now some of you may laugh and say "Salt Lake City? you are a big baby" . I do like Salt Lake City and have nothing against the place, its just that I was all by myself. I could not find suitable parking and by the time I parked and literally trotted to my appointed building I was a bit late, something that I abhor more than anything. As I left and proceeded to walk back to where I parked I had 3 different homeless gentlemen who where walking up and down the street and passed me about 20 times, over and over again. I was not worried , I could have taken all 3 of them at once, but it made me uncomfortable. I finally arrived safely to my car, whew I remembered which level I parked on and where the car was. I was so worried I would forget and have to wander aimlessly (Seinfeld episode) until I found it that I repeated the numbers over and over so many times that when I was given a code number to store my cellphone I was unable to remember that number to retrieve the phone. Just alot of stressing and worrying about alot of nothing, I'm good at that. I'm in Salt Lake, I thought, I should go someplace I normally don't go, shopping or to eat. I realized just how old I am getting. I just want to go home! I am such a home body. I love my home. It is a place of sanctuary, of safety , of peace. I will never be a world traveler! I loved coming to the point of the mountain and taking a sigh of relief, I'm home. Happy Valley? You Bet! and besides no one in Happy Valley charges me $6 to park to 2 hours. Well now you've all had a short peak into my crazy brain, frightening isn't it?

1 comment:

The Stanley's said...

HeHe - I would of be the exact way! It's times like that that make us appreciate home even more :) love ya