Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The good, the bad, and the ugly!

GOOD...after being home for 6 weeks from his mission, Jeff proposed to the love of his life, Maddy on Valentines Day ...moonlight,beach...romantic little cuss. She said YES! They have been friends since Jeff was a sophomore and so she knows what she is getting into! LOL . She is a beautiful girl with a heart of gold and seems to have just what my son needs to enable him to push and strive to be his best. I think she is a Cutee patootee! So I will be a mother-in-law again in June.
BAD..I have been sick since Jeff got home! Started with a sore throat, laringytis, asthma issues, respiratory infections, blood sugar issues due to medications for asthma etc. etc. I am finally feeling today that maybe I may be getting better...hhmmm almost 2 months laters, many rx, many doctor visits and phone calls.. I still don't have my voice back completely, but by dang this had better be the beginning of the end.
UGLY...my hair until this last week. I think that people who do hair are magic. I can walk in feeling like a frumpy, kucka and walk out feeling like a million bucks.
Good and BAd.....we have received numberous letters addressed to the GUARDIAN of Craig Pence this last few weeks. Nothing bad, just the dreaded maturation program coming up. (Craig is mortified) Registration for Junior High, information about signing up for band (which Craig is also mortified by for some reason). My baby...Craig has always allowed me to pretend that I am younger than I am. I know I will be a gma in August and my older kids are all grown up....but having Craig still has allowed us to be allowed in primary , cub scouts, elementary school, etc. Good? no more pack mtg ...bad? I have no one in primary...but me! weird feeling.

2 comments:

The Hansen's said...

First..I am so SO happy for Jeff! That is so exciting. I'm just waiting to give him a giant squeeze next time I see him.
Second.. Sorry you've been down in the dumps! I had no idea that it had been going on for this long. I hope things get better quick!
LOVE you MADLY!!!! Big hugs!

The Keetch Klan said...

Jeff and Maddie will be great together! I hope you get feeling better. There's nothing worse than when the "gomboo" comes and it doesn't know when to leave. It wears you OUT! Know you are loved beyond measure and maybe a big dose of "you're on my list of very wonderful people" and a hug will knock this out of here!