I have to admit there are periods in my life when General Conference has made me feel inadequate and down on myself. I guess that is why I love primary so much. The principals are simply taught and are the basics of the gospel. Then I listen to Conference and realize there are so many things I need to work on. This Conference I have attempted to listen with a different spirit and I have enjoyed it so much more. We are so blessed to have it on TV! Having Jeff in Suriname express his concern that the satellite would act up (like it usually does) and that they might miss part of conference helped me to be grateful for the blessings of living in Utah. Elder Pence's will return on January 5th late that evening so that he can start school early January 6th. I am excited for his return but it has made me constantly aware of the blessings we are receiving as a family of a serving missionary. And who is the boy wanting to jump into his schooling? It is not the boy I paid cash to graduate from high school! I am so proud of him but don't tell I miss that little boy who was such a stinker.
2 comments:
so exciting!! i loved conference too. i always feel motivated after. wow where is Jeff going to school? are you still picking him up?? THANK so much for the treats! THEY WERE SO YUMMY!!!!!!!! we owe you, since ours were so sick! sorry bout that! Ryder said he was sad there was no church on sunday because he couldn't see "my sisser pence!"
Im with ya, love conference, especially in the fall! Makes me always want to be better! I cant believe Jeff is gonna be home that soon! Time flys, and its amazing what missions do for boys, look at my husband!:)
Post a Comment